SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR CONTENTS, OTHER POSTS, "MOST READ", IMAGES, ETC.

Monday 21 June 2021

How Old Was Einstein When He Was 54?


 


Please tell me -
Exactly how old was Einstein when he was 54?
I simply don’t get it.
I can’t find out.
Yet I must find out -
Lest life won’t be worth living.
So no matter how much I sweat and cry,
I just can’t discover how old Einstein was when he was 54.

This is an equation I cannot solve.
My intuition simply isn’t up to this job.
If only I could inherit Cantor’s spirit
Then a solution to this evil conundrum 
Would be in the offing.

This has kept me awake night after night
As I tossed equations around my mind
Until sick of bleeding numbers
And the whole mathematical show.
This is such a sticky nut to crack -
Like proving Goldbach’s conjecture 
Or writing my very own Theory of Everything 
On a hipster’s t-shirt.

Yet I will crack it.
I’m sure to crack it.
I’ll win that hollowed prize.
Then I’ll go down in mathematical history
As the very-sad madman 
Who spent his entire sorry life
Attempting to find out how old Einstein was when he was 54.


© Paul Austin Murphy 2021

[I can be found on Twitter here.]


No comments:

Post a Comment