SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR CONTENTS, OTHER POSTS, "MOST READ", IMAGES, ETC.

Thursday 23 August 2018

The Man Who Forgot to Breathe



The man died because he forgot to breathe.
He said nothing in his dying breaths.
His dying breaths were none.
Breathlessly he died.
He had the kind death one has when one forgets to Breathe.
In fact, he woke up forgetting to breathe -

So he didn’t really.
I couldn’t ask him about his breathless take on life – he was dead.

I should have said: The sooner one breathes, 
The sooner one lives.
But I didn’t. I didn’t know him.
So I wouldn’t have anyway.
And he was dead.

What a lapse of memory!
Like forgetting to eat, or forgetting to live, indeed.
A man who forgets to breathe don’t write a will, usually.

To breathe! To breathe! A lass!
To take part in life’s rich breath.
To live breathless? 
To live in a foreign country.



No comments:

Post a Comment