SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR CONTENTS, OTHER POSTS, "MOST READ", IMAGES, ETC.

Friday 17 January 2020

Being Anthropomorphic With a Robin




Now that's one (not two) friendly fellow!
It's getting closer and closer to me.
Sneaking its way from branch to branch
In order to be with me.
But is it really being friendly?
Perhaps its being inquisitive.
Perhaps its being protective.
Perhaps it's doing maths.
Or perhaps I'm being anthropomorphic.
Still, compared to the wary and cantankerous crow,
This robin exudes Universal Brotherhood
And a strong sense of being at one
With both the universe
And everything else...
Or so, again, my anthropomorphisms have it.

The morphē of this little robin
Just happens to take on an ánthrōpos
Which perfectly fits
The silly quirks and biases
Of a single human being – myself.
Who knows, dogs may do the same thing.
Dogs may believe and feel
That robins like to sniff arses
Or eat Pedigree Chum...

So let the robin be.
Simply let it be.
Don't foist my little fantasies
Onto a being that's little more 
Than two inches long
And one-and-a-half inches wide.
A little pouch of flesh, feather and colour
Which bounces from the branches
And swings from leaf to leaf.
Let the robin be.

In any case, I feed it my seeds.
Problem is - they're covered in sauce.
So the robin has a jab at them,
And then turns up its nose... or beak.
But it returns again.
Jabs again.
And disdains again.
Perhaps it preferes tikka to madras.
Perhaps it prefers Mars Bars to healthy seeds.
Or perhaps it's all or none of these things...
There I go again!



No comments:

Post a Comment