SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR CONTENTS, OTHER POSTS, "MOST READ", IMAGES, ETC.

Friday 21 June 2019

Dylan Thomas... Not



Fierce in cold was the Winter day 
When I threw off all the old ways
And wore like a prince 
A new cloak of Knowing and Doing
And letting no other step in my path to happiness.

The frost burnt into my hands 
And into the bark of trees.
It fed the still liquid...
But it lived, lived, as I shall live -
Through the Winter of my failures.
Then, to rise up to the bloody sun,
To offer my soul
Still breathing from the endless striving Will.

Look on me with eyes which hide compassion.
That hide the means to break the yoke
And thrust through the cell of self into a new world:
Green and life-new in youth.
Open up to me the springs of the fresh world.
Bathe me till by body is red and sore with experience.

I am waiting,
Near to you, 
In moors which sing your name 
Through beauty.
I hold up my soul in this close-to-heaven heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment